Sunday, March 11, 2012

THIRD SUNDAY OF LENT

Two days ago I went to Ventura to attend a funeral mass. The traffic was horrendous. I took a detour. I got lost. I found it difficult to get back to the right direction. All of a sudden, I remember about my GPS. It was somewhere in the car. I used it and thus reached the place without making any more mistakes.

We are travelers. We have a destination to reach. Our focus during the season of lent is on our final destination and the way to reach there. We often mess up our way. Often we get lost. We need a GPS to travel on the right track. Our GPS is the Ten Commandment. Even though there are Ten Commandments, each one of them focuses on the same theme: relationship. The first three talks about our relationship with God, the forth one talks about our responsibility to our parents and final six are on how we treat our brothers and sisters.

The goal and purposes of religion and worship is to foster relationship and communion. Hence, Jesus was angry when he saw religion was misused and manipulated for selfish interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment